Mold can grow behind walls or above ceilings tiles, but still, you don’t have to have any history of leaks nor visible sings of mold growth. It is very important to check for the presence of mold anywhere that is damp, dark or cold.
From the experience of mold removal experts as Mold Busters from Ottawa, it may occur in any room, especially which has more vapor and moisture, such as kitchen or bathroom, and you don’t have to see it before it becomes problem.
Their recommendation is, when you start a visual inspection of your home, you should look for sings of mold or excessive moisture such as stains or discoloration on floors, walls, window panes, ceiling tiles, fabrics and carpets.
Basically, if you suspect you have mold, you have to open your eyes and look everywhere. Immediate action is important because mold will begin to grow within 48 hours.
Also, if you want to know precisely what are you dealing with, you will need professional equipment for mold inspection.
All Mold Busters inspectors and technicians are fully certified mold experts, because, as they say, not everyone can safely and effectively remove mold and operate with equipment. It requires all necessary certificates and knowledge so the process of removal would not endanger the environment and forever eliminate mold.
Not only that destroys the quality of the house or building, exposure to mold can occur when airborne mold particles, mostly spores and fragments, are inhaled. We breathe in mold spores and fragments every day, indoors or out.
Health problems may result when people are exposed to large amounts of mold, particularly indoors.
Genetic predisposition or a weakened immune system make a person susceptible to diseases caused by fungi that is found in almost every kitchen or bathroom.
Allergies to mold are the most common problem that causes exposure to mold, but it also can cause disease with no allergic reactions. Mold is likely to cause infection or irritation and toxic reaction. Infections caused by mold that can lead to various problems, the flu-like symptoms to infections of the skin and even inflammation of the lungs.
Stimuli occur when substances from mold, called volatile organic compounds, irritate the mucous membranes in the body. Symptoms are similar to irritation and allergy and they include:
– eye irritation
– runny nose
– skin irritation.
Toxic reaction to the mold is a result of excessive exposure to the substances to be referred to as mycotoxins. As with irritation, you can feel headache, dizziness, problems with concentration and excessive fatigue.
If there is visible mold, it needs to be removed.
The main problem starts with mold remediation because it’s time when spores spreads in air.
Measurements shows that mold counts in the air can be 10 to 1 000 times higher than normal during a removal or cleaning project. Because of the potential health risks from mold exposure, it’s always advisable to contact a mold remediation contractor, particularly for larger contamination situations.
Necessary tools and safety, professional equipment will ensure that all traces of mold are removed properly.
Most common mistake is belief that traditional fans and store-bought blowers will be sufficient to dry or flooded space and eliminate the risk of mold growth. But, as experts say, without the right remediation equipment, the problem can persist even if the surface seems dry. Professionals come with everything necessary to dry the water and get rid of mold for good.